Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think I Do.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 4, 2001 13:50:12 UTC

"If a human brain is decomposed, of course it won't be a brain anymore. It will be something else, thus the theory "Energy cannot be destroyed only changes form".

Yes, I am familiar with the law of conservation of energy. Thank you. You're missing my point. I am saying that since the energy that was once stored in the brain is now in the bellies of scavengers, there is no way that that energy will reform into a system that could provide consciousness. Hence, no corporeal post-mortem consciousness. If you would care to describe how the law of conservation of energy proves an afterlife, feel free to grace my ignorant, unclean ears.

"This theory is believed by Scientist all over the world, including Albert Einstein."

Really? Wow, I hadn't realized that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

"So you say you don't believe in GOD because everything had to have been created in order to exist. Well, where did the Big Bang come from? Was it created by some force of nature?
If There was nothing in the physical universe in the beginning except complete symmetry, nothing but pure energy, where then did that energy come from? was it there at the begginning, or did something else make that? And then what made that, and so forth, and so forth?"

The whole point is we don't know. God may exist, or the entire universe could exist for no reason. But currently there is no proof for God, and it seems as if if he DID create the universe, he didn't feel the need to do anything with it after its creation. Everything goes by itself. Planets orbit the sun not because Gods push them, but because of inertia and gravity. On a day to day basis, god is absolutely not neccesary. If one day science can prove the existence of God, well great, I'll believe in him. But until that hypothetical day there is no reason to. Don't think I have a belief in no God. What I have is no belief in God.

"Even Science at one time tried to show that Atomic weapons were impossible, and that airplanes were impossible to fly. Science once said the Earth was flat. Why would anyone try to say Science has all the answers, when many times even Science is wrong."

Therefore, even the most hare-brained idea must be fact? Is that it? You claim science to have been wrong? Well, sure it has, but religion is much, much worse in terms of accuracy. Do you believe that God gave Moses the rainbow as a symbol of his covenant? Would you then be saying that light diffraction did not exist before the exodus? Do you believe that the earth was created in six days? Do you believe in Adam and Eve despite the fact that science has proven the theory of evolution? Do you believe that the entire planet was flooded to punish man? Don't you think we would have seen some paleontological record of that, if not historical record? Do you believe that the earth is six thousand years old, even though carbon dating has proven it is several billion years old? Do you believe that God would never allow one of his creations to go extinct, and ignore the dinosaurs, the dodo, and the carrier pigeon? Which has been more accurate, science or religion? And what seperates your "enlightened" belief from any other collection of myths and fables? How is the story of Moses any less false than the story of Hercules or Apollo? What seperates you from them?

"the only people I hear trying to say Energy can be destroyed are obviously uneducated, and obviously don't even know that this theory has been proven. Any educated Scientist knows this, so it's obvious Mario doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's always a nice strategy to attack my uneducated, pathetic self instead of defending your opinions. Note, I never said energy could be destroyed. I said quite plainly that it changes form. You're reading things into my posts that you want to read.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins