Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Apparently You Haven't Read The Bible Carefully!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Banks on July 10, 2001 16:25:45 UTC

I'm tired of people claiming the bible says the earth is 6000 years old! According to the bible, man is 6000 years old, not the earth! Alexander have you actually read the bible? Obviously, you should know that the translations cannot grasp the full meaning of words. The word "day" used in Genesis was actually taken from the Hebrew word and has other meanings, including "a long time; the time covering an extraordinary event."

I wish you read my other post regarding "God days." If you did, and you still make this post, then apparently you just ignored it and believe what you want to believe.

I'm very tired of people assuming the bible says the earth is 6000 years old. It may be the case, but the translation and other scriptures strongly suggest that it isn't a 24 hour period.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins