Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nah

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 7, 2001 14:13:45 UTC

"Many believe that is the portion that causes some people to have ESP, or psychic abilities."

And it very well may be. But this portion of the brain is not totally inactive. Structure follows function, everything has [or had, in the case of the appendix] a use.

"This proves to me that since Athiests try to say they are like humans, or other life forms, they mean that humans and other life was created as well. I wonder why Athiest try to compare Computers, etc with people."

The fact that I use a computer as an example does not "prove me wrong." Come on. It's just an example I used to illustrate some points it would be more difficult to do with a human brain (It's much more complex than a computer, but follows the same principles.)

Of course we were "created." The universe was "created." What I argue is whether or not this creation required an intelligent source. So far, it doesn't seem to. Not to mention the Christian God you believe in so much. That is almost certainly a fabrication. If you like, I'll post some more about that later tonight. Until then.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins