Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 6, 2001 14:48:41 UTC

I think your counters were a little subjective, but thanks for the arguments. You still have not explained your beliefs in the simply wrong passages, though. I'll make a little checklist here, and tell me if you believe in each one or not.

-God created the world in six days.

-Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth.

-Eve came from Adam's rib.

-Adam and Eve named all the animals.

-They were cast out of the garden of eden for eating the forbidden fruit.

-People speak different languages because God scrambled them at the Tower of Babel.

-Moses parted the Red Sea.

-All of the plagues the Bible said God inflicted upon Egypt actually happened.

-God flooded the entire planet.

-Noah and his wife collected two of every animal on the entire planet. (I guess they forgot the Unicorns, though)

-The whole flood receded after 40 days.

-God gave the world the rainbow as a symbol of his covenant.

-The Sun stood still (I can't remeber where in the Bible this took place, maybe you can refresh my memory.)

Does all this really sound credible to you? It's easy to say that a God-Day is millions of times longer than a human-day, or that the flood didn't actually go over the whole planet (Not really "destroying" the world then, is it?) or that Adam and Eve weren't the first humans, just the first modern ones. But that is just rationalizing and putting SCIENTIFIC definitions on passages that are just patently wrong. If science hadn't shown that the universe is billions of years old, would you then believe that the world WAS in fact created in six days? I'll bet you would. Which is more reliable a source? The stories of Christianity have the same foundations for truth as any mythology. If I wanted, I could justify believing in Zeus, or Apollo, or Hercules, or Odin, Thor, Loki, or whatever "faith" is now considered a delusion.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins