Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pseudo-intellectual Garbabe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 8, 2002 15:36:39 UTC

Is this site dedicated to discussion about God and the nature of science, or what? It seems like a whole bunch of quasi new age philosophical ramblings by people who have achieved minor academic success. I proposed we get down to the proverbial "nitty - gritty" of it all and really get ourselves knee deep in nihlism, atheism, agnosticism, deism, theism, and all other "isms" that turn peoples stomachs into knots. If that doesn't do it would could also discuss the decay of our bubble gum culture which is much more interested in sex toys and fake dog poop than the intellectual endeavors of the academic world. Here is a question that has alway got me thinking.
If the universe is expanding and all galaxies are racing away from each other, then what is it that space is moving in to - God's home, his little bungalo of love? What lies outside of the known universe? As the universe expands is it gobbling up this unknown area? Or is it that space is infinite and the matter within the space is contantly expanding outwords? But that would mean time is eternal as well, wouldn't it? I thought that had been disproven. Maybe some of you "philosophers" could enlighten my primitive thinking strategies.

Thank you

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins