Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Correction

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 12, 2002 12:22:10 UTC

It wrote -
"You did not answer my question about why you
color-coded evil as being white"

I might have got carried away in a sentence and inadvertently used the term white in place of "Western", but that was my mistake. For that I appologize.

I believe "Western" culture has a long run of slavery, burning at the stake, and other atrocities against humanity. Are they alone in the world? Of course not. But can't we hold are supposed high moral values to greater standards. If we claim to be the best, shouldn't would strive to be the best without stepping on as many people as possible to get there. I will not deny the fact that I may be naive and idealistic, but that is the way I choose to live my life.

It wrote -
"Now you think you're making up with me. I just don't trust you any more"

Did you ever trust me to begin with?

I would gladly go round and round with you in the mudslinging department, but I sense the rest of the group is growing weary of my brand of humor (you would notice the same, but remember folks, it takes him a while).

For the sake of the rest of the forum I am willing to slow down the scathing comments. I am being as sincere as possible.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins