Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Ain't Seen Much Yet

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 10, 2002 03:00:50 UTC

1) Hating whitey wrote:
"I guess I would have to refer to myself as a reductionist."

2) Aurino wrote :
"That's good, we haven't had one around since Alex left."

3) Hating whitey wrote:
"I think existence can be reduced to neural responses to environmental stimuli."

4) Aurino wrote :
"Everything can be reduced to something. The real question is, so what?"

Responses from Careful Universe
1) Remember folks, it's just a 'guess.'

2) According to Aurino,that is. But it's not whether you are a reductionist, but how far past all the warning signs you take your reductionism.

3) He thinks it can be done. But will he demonstrate his own theory step by step to that conclusion. After all, that's what reducing does... but he probably won't....If only he would try to do so and prove me wrong...but then we would easily point out the obvious flaws in the way his model translates to biochemistry and cosmological physics. That reductionist assertion is lazy-minded BUNK, and we already have plenty of that on this forum. So you are in the right place. BUNK-land.

4) "The real question is, so what?" This should have an internet acronym. "TRQISW?" Good point, Aurino!

Warm but not hot,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins