Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jesus Contradicts Moses' Claim Of Speaking For God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on October 25, 2003 20:09:18 UTC

It is often claimed by many ill-informed fundamentalists that every statement attributed to God by a prophet in the Hebrew scriptures is in fact the words spoken by God. But, here is an example where Jesus contradicts this very clearly:

"They say unto [Jesus], why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so."

Jesus was of course referencing Deutronomy:

"the LORD said to me... Go, tell them to return to their tents. But you stay here with me so that I may give you all the commands, decrees and laws you are to teach them to follow in the land I am giving them to possess... When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house."

Now, it is very clear from Deuteronomy that God had spoken these things to Moses directly - yet - it is also clear that Jesus had refuted this testimony as having come from God, but rather a compromise made by Moses (which is no where stated in Deutronomy as Moses' own words which differed from what God told him to tell the Israelites).

Thus, it is clear that Jesus refutes the stance of biblical fundamentalists (who should know this as basic Christianity 101 since the 4th commandment is to keep the 7th day free from work and entertainment which is not kept in Christendom).

Fundamentalists are a sad lot since they do not even understand the basics of Christianity.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins