Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes Harv ?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 31, 2003 14:38:43 UTC

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/30001.shtml

RE:>>* [Do you know what the Lord of the Universe said about the words in I Samuel 15 ? He called them the scriptures. He called them His own words. ]
This is false. As Colossians 2 made clear, these were all based on human teachings that were self-imposed worship. Why won't you accept this point? It is very clear. *

I won’t accept this point because it is not truth as taught by the Holy Spirit through God’s Word.
Harv, my friend, which verses in Colossians 2 do you refer to for your clarity claim ?
You are out of context and a text without a context is just a pretext.
Do you wish to teach ? (James 3:1)

Do you believe that everything that God said in the Old Testament was to be a CONTINUING ordinance ? ( From henceforth, kill all infants ? ) YD?.
Is this a periodic ordinance ? Sometimes an ordinance and sometimes not ?

Where in the context of I Samuel 15 is killing those particular infants made into an ordinance ?
Better yet, What do you understand about I Samuel 15, verse 2, which is the CONTEXT of God’s action and what do you know about the history behind Amalek ?

In truth:
Colossians chapter 2 speaks to the law of ordinances that were for becoming/staying pure from sin. If you will look at verses 20-22 and interpret the sentence without the parenthetic, as the context of sentence grammar dictates, you will see that it says that if you are “dead with Christ” (as in, have put off the old man that trusted in the law and trusting now in Jesus for becoming and staying pure), why, as though you have not trusted Jesus Christ for this, are you STILL subject to the old ordinances which faith in Jesus Christ replaced , (> * Beliefs can make one evil even if their actions do not necessarily reflect an evil mind. *
Please define what you mean by “evil”.

RE:>> * make one a non-Christian *
RE:>> * become non-Christian *
RE:>> * anti-Christian belief of God *
RE:>> * endangers one to not being a Christian *
Please define these PHRASES before I reply to a misunderstanding of your use.

Also please define your use of these words –
ANTI-Christian
UN-Christian
NON-Christians
If we are talking simply about a person that commits sin, I would remind you that ALL Christians still sin.

RE:>> * Now, one could say that they don't understand it (which is the appropriate response for a fundamentalist), *
Are you a fundamentalist ?
Please define fundamentalist.
Does this mean believing that ALL of each of the 66 books of the Book are the infallible Word of God ?

RE:>> * Similarly, holding views that salvation is only for a minor number of people and the majority suffer hell fire for eternity, is in my mind a very non-Christian attribute to place on God *
Now we have it. You say, “in my mind”.
Harv, I am not just talking about “in my mind”, I am talking about “in God’s word” !

RE:>> * and the very belief might *
Might ? As in “maybe” ?

RE:>> * [might] be considered blasphemous *
By whom ? My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ ? or you ?

RE:>> [might] separate oneself from believing in the Christian God *
NOTHING can EVER separate me from that.
Have you ever understood Romans 8:35-39 ?

RE:>> * What we believe is serious stuff and it defines who we are. *
Yes. It is “You better have the fear of God” serious stuff.
James 3:1 is not in God’s word by chance.
If you want to teach things that the Holy Spirit has not guided you into through God’s Word, I pray for you. Further, I pray you will learn to discern the Holy Spirit from whatever else tries to teach you – this is the downfall of most.
While it may be another spirit sometimes, we are told how to know this.( I John 4:1-4)
Yes, sometimes, but usually it is our own flesh. (lust and often pride)

RE:>> * You are convicting God of not being Christian in behavior *
If I have told you the truth, then you are convicting God of lying.
Shouldn’t we concentrate on what the Bible says rather than what our own behaviour is ?
Do we kill the messenger because the message offends us ?

RE:>> * You lack […] even when you know that Jesus would never have told Saul to kill those people. *
So, you are saying that you can see my heart (what I KNOW ) ?
Are you equal with God on anything else ?

RE:>> * It is like saying that there is justification for the Holocaust if only we wait to hear what it is. I don't have to wait. *
No, the Holocaust (assuming the name Hitler is involved) is not part of God’s Word.
Therefore, it is not LIKE at all.

RE:>> * anyone who thinks there is, is not in the right mindset *
In whose judgment ?

RE:>> * You confuse a book with God's words, which are not equivalent. *
Tell me the difference.
We are back to it – How do YOU determine what God’s words are ?
Be very careful in your answer, my friend.

THIS IS WHERE YOU AND I SHOULD BEGIN ---
Why debate the Bible if you don’t believe it is the Word of God ?

RE:>> * By using Christian verbage to condemn, you are only condemning yourself. *
No one can condemn but God.

RE:>> * Before one can condemn they must first clean house themselves. *
No one can condemn but God, but cleaning house is good advice for ALL.

RE:>> * And, your house is not clean. *
Go ahead, name my sin !

RE:>> * You must reject the law and the teachings that are contrary to God *
Help me. Which parts of God’s Word are contrary to Him ?

RE:>> * Dismiss this if you will, but I speak frankly. *
I do not dismiss this, I prove all things and hold fast that which is good.
I also point to error so that I may not allow a stumblingblock to be in the way of a brother to enter in, for whom Christ died.

Love to you, my friend.
May God’s mercy surround you daily.
Grace and peace to you, my dear friend.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins