Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Unbelievable

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 28, 2003 05:39:31 UTC

Apparently I can not be accepted as a deluded well meaning soul. You are quick to condemn. I will not return the same. I am sure what I said to you was very hard to hear.

I am quick to condemn??

Here, let's rehash some of your last comments to me:

It is apparent that you have a strong desire to prove the Bible is faulty, and inconsistent.

I believe the Bible was designed to give you the opportunity to achieve what you are attempting.

I pray that when you get to where you are going you will not wish you had taken another path..

You may be so drunk on your own self-righteousness that you fail to see the extreme rudeness in all the above statements, but let me help you out:

1) I do not have a strong desire to prove the bible inconsistent and it is rude to assume that I do.

2) I am not attempting to make the bible appear deceitful, and it is rude for you insinuate that this what I am doing.

3) It is extremely rude to tell someone in such self-righteous terms that you pray that this person will not regret the course of direction that they are taking. You might as well just say that you are thankful that you are not as other men are...

Duane, this is just the beginning of being rude that both you and Eric have showed in just the few posts that I have bothered to correspond. I shouldn't waste my time with fundamentalists since my long experience has proved to me over and over that it is an utter waste of time, and all you people do is insult others. Quite frankly, many fundamentalists are not Christians. I know that many are, but self-righteousness and blindness is so rampant that I think that it is a real stumbling block.

By the way, I wish you and Eric would stop calling me 'friend' when in fact you have shown some of the most unfriendly resentment that I have encountered on this forum in months of dialogue. I don't consider this an act of friendship not in the least. Both of you need to learn the basics of Christianity, but of course I am a heathen dressed as fire wood to both of you, so there is no getting through to either of you. It will take a miracle to get through to you. That miracle has to come from God, not by any human.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins