Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Whatever

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 27, 2003 04:46:08 UTC

It is apparent that you have a strong desire to prove the Bible is faulty, and inconsistent.

I have no strong desire to prove the Bible faulty, I only have a strong desire to correct those who abuse the Bible in order to get it to be worshipped.

Considering the passion you have on this subject, I am sure you will find what you are looking for sooner or later.

You can't prove anything to a fundamentalist, they are generally unwilling to accept rational thinking. Everyone but the fundamentalist of that particular religion knows this.

Once you have misunderstood the passage apparent contradictions can be found.

You sound like a Jehovah's Witness.

I believe the Bible was designed to give you the opportunity to achieve what you are attempting.

Chuckle. I believe the Koran was designed the same way. Do you see how ridiculous this sounds when put this way?

I pray that when you get to where you are going you will not wish you had taken another path.. In fact, I will share my prayer with you: "God, I thank you that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this Harvey guy. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'

Good to see your self-righteous meter is reading in the red. May God see you as holy as you see yourself.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins