Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Gravity Push Or Pull.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Duane Eddy on April 7, 2003 17:36:55 UTC

Your response is the prevailing thought on the subject.
Are you reciting definitions you have heard or have you reasoned this out yourself?

!!!As I reasoned this out I found it flawed!!!!.
Here is an example

Assume object “A”is very close to having the mass concentration of a black hole.

The “gravitational field waves” and all energy waves will be restricted in their ability to convey force or information about object “A” to another object “B” which is a distance from “A”.

Mass is added to “A” which now becomes a black hole.

Information about the quantity of mass in “A” can no longer travel from “A” to “B”.

“B” can not determine if “A” has mass.

“B” can not Respond to a mass it can not detect.

"B" no longer is attracted to "A".

This conclusion does not match observed evidence.

!!!!I came to the following conclusions!!!!.

1. If a black hole exists and gravitational force attracts objects outside its event horizon then the method of transferring force from object “A” to object “B” is not energy waves.

Or

2. Black holes do not exist because the equations for the force of gravity modify as the mass density of a black hole is approached. ( This does not mean we can not have “almost black holes”.)

Or

3. Gravity is caused by the absence of a field not the existence of a field.

For this option I assumed that the universe applies a pressure force on all matter.
Assume mass “A” has an equal “pressure force” applied to it from every direction with a composite force of zero.
As another mass “B”approaches mass “A” the pressure from the direction of mass “B” is obstructed by mass “B”.
Mass “A” receives unchanged pressure forces from all directions but from the direction of mass “B” which is decreased.
The total of all pressure forces on “A” has a resultant force in the direction of “B”.
Mass “A” accelerates toward “B”.

Notice no information must travel from "B" to "A" or from "A" to "B" for an attraction to occur.

This option works but requires some major differences in the way we think about gravity and has a lot of ramifications that I haven’t gone into here.

So do you feel your pressured from all sides,
or pulled from one?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins