Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So That You Can "catch Up With Yourself"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 15, 2003 13:10:50 UTC

" Because the intuitive human reaction is to put yourself at the center of the universe and view all other objects using your self as a standard. "

That's right, but it means we need to search for new replacement standards. We have found some but not all. And some physicists seem to believe that, becase of quantum mechanics, we are in fact the center not only of the universe but of all existence.

" I’m not sure what line of reasoning you’re using to come to that conclusion.
Can you give me a better idea how you determined a faster then light travel is required? "

I may be wrong, but it seems your hypothesis can only work if the gravitational field travels faster than the object itself, so that by the time the object is in a new position its "ghost field" is already there. It's sort of what you need to see your own body from "outside" - if you travel faster than light and look behind, you can see yourself (a true out-of-body experience!).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins