Back to Home

Blackholes Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes I | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Eternity Still Possible With Black Holes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on April 26, 2003 14:49:25 UTC

hi Don,

permitt a small quote sir:
"The concept black hole is incompatible with infinite time. Everything would go into a black hole and all the black holes would come together and the universe would go steady state."

i don't fully understand this concept but here is my hackney'd attempt at it.
there is some thought that the big bang starts out as a breaking of symmetry, a kind of phase transition if you will. example lets say a damm is built and the engineers have not designed it with adequit symmetry. a huge amount of water builds up behind the damm but because of the inadequit symmetry design the damm breaks and turrent of water bursts forth.
the same idea may hold forth for the universe once it has been swallowed up into a singularity.
it is concievable that the singularity does not have adequit symmetry to "hold" the universe in that phase. presto, you have another symmetry break and the universe once again bursts forth.
in this sense time need not stop at least with in the realm of the uncertainty principle.

regards tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins