Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Walkiing With Cavemen

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on June 19, 2003 11:24:35 UTC

I saw the Discovery channel show for the first time last night. Very, very good. My only criticism, and it is a slight one, is that it communicated a sense of meaninglessness to human existence, and I am strongly against that portrayal of evolutionary theory. This is what is wrong with evolutionary teaching, and I don't think evolutionary biology fully understands that they will never 'sell' evolution to the public under such educational approaches, and it only encourages the irrational creationist views.

In any case, I thought the graphics were excellent and it made the history of human evolution so much more real for me. I hope they do more on the same subject. Dinosaurs are excellent to watch, but watching our own evolution is so much more personal and brings philosophy right into one's own backyard.

I hope the show gets a lot of attention and causes much debate...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins