Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
An Honest Opinion.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Leesa on June 26, 2003 02:10:54 UTC

But not honest fact. I accept your perception of science but I will NEVER agree with it.

I will not be offended by people I don't know, but there is something that bothers me about your post. The things I named - you called them fantasies. They are not fantasies - they are very real. Define "true". They have not only been probed from great distance, but they are mathematically correct. I know of no harder, no sounder, and no more evidence beyond condescension than mathematics. Your perception proves nothing. My perception proves nothing. But math is not based on perception.

You've said over and over that the world within our reach (I'm paraphrasing here) is basically enough. Now do me a favor and think - just think about it really hard before forming a conclusion - if Euclid had said to himself: "What I know is enough." Where would this world be? How about Socrates? Aristotle? Copernicus? Galileo? Newton? Einstein? Bohr? Where would this world be? Think about how life was - throughout ALL the centuries - and how it is now? Would you have humanity go back? Tell me please.

Lysithea

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins