Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Science Is Interesting...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by A. Souza on June 23, 2003 20:34:02 UTC

... but I would never call it beautiful. Or ugly, for that matter. The way I see it, science can be as beautiful as a cookbook can be tasteful.

I'm not dismissing science, just as I don't dismiss cookbooks. I like both and they are very useful, even essential sometimes, it's just that I think some people do not understand science well enough to see it in the proper perspective.

As to whether mosquitos have a refined sense of aesthetics, my point was not that they do but that, on close examination, evolution theory doesn't make much sense. It does seem to make sense on the surface, but when you start asking some serious questions, you soon realize the foundations are very weak.

I don't know about you, but I'm not particularly impressed by a theory that implies that bugs are attracted to the beauty of the flowers. But, who knows, maybe they do.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins