Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Can't Respond To That Posting

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on October 31, 2002 03:38:31 UTC

First I tried to cut and paste from your posting. But I couldn't get the strength to continue. It took three readings for me to get a handle on it.

I printed your response out and made notes on it. But even then, I'm left with too many things to respond. But I can say that they all have one underlying theme.

You're idea of atheism is what I'd like to call a "Christian's view of Atheism." Not particularly yours, but the one they spout off about on Christian radio. That's about all I listen to on the radio. Music stations play junk now or commericials. Christian Radio has fewer commercials and sometimes the radio station in Windsor doesn't come in.

Atheism is not the root of evil. It rarely ever has been. Money is the root of evil. Religion has been used as a tool by some to acquire more money. Its funny, some jerk called in on Medved's show today saying how Elvis was the beginning of the end. Society has plummeted since. But I look at whatelse happened then. Vietnam. That wasn't a rock or drug induced event. It was rich people fighting for power. How many thousands died for atheism is Vietnam? How many died for a doctrine that was obsolete in that part of the world? Brittney Spears is the end of the world, just as the Charleston was back in the 1910's! Children are bastards, were bastards, and have always been bastards. Lee J Cobb in "12 Angry Men" (made in the 50's) goes on about "When I was a kid, I called a man sir." Notice in the bible how it says to honor your mother and father? Wouldn't need to say it, if it was common practice. Its always been this way. Nothing has changed. Women have been having abortions for centuries, just now, they have a good shot at surviving them. The KKK were lynching blacks in the south, just because of their inferiority complex. That wasn't tv. Nor were the crusades induced by secularism. Nor the Inquisitions.

To say that atheism has any control over this is nuts! I mean, the US is what? 90% christian? What is this the persecuted majority? I never knew the 5% of atheists in the country had that much control over everthing.

I'm ranting, let me stop.

To conclude, you do not understand atheism. You have to trust me on this one. Whether you are siply mistaken or were told about atheism by another mistaken christian or a lying christian, it isn't true and if you want to get along, you are going to have to understand that there are some things you don't know. This is one of them.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins