Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Do Like RyeKrisp Crackers

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on November 4, 2002 18:42:27 UTC

When I called Ruquist "RyeKrisp," that
could easily have been seen as friendly.
As it happens, my direct Pearson ancestors came
to Massachusetts in about 1632. They made their
living baking Pilot crackers for ship food supplies. In 1643, my ancestor John Pearson was deacon of his town of Newburyport, Mass.
I have some affinity for their ways, but I am not
a puritan or baptist in the New England tradition.
On a related note: I have just been reading James Michener's book America vs. America/The Revolution in Middle Class Values. Though it was copyrighted 1968, Michener makes a good case, which is still fresh, for the freedom demanded by the younger generation, while at the same time he makes a good case for the younger generation to strongly heed the concerns of their previous generation.
Freedom must be used very, very carefully, as the natural world and the human world are both far from the paradise we might hope they will some day be....as ya know.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins