Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My View

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on October 31, 2002 19:45:20 UTC

Richard,

I think there's one possibility you overlook. What if you are God? Not the God of the universe, but the God of your own life, the only God you can possibly become aware of? That would make God intelligent, caring, personal, and best of all, absolutely real, more real than anything in this world.

In a sense that's what Buddhism teaches. You are the Buddha, all you have to do to attain salvation is realize your own divinity. I don't think Buddhists are atheist, rather their understanding of God is so far superior to the Christian approach that they find the word God doesn't quite convey it. That's what I gather from it anyway.

By the way, have you seen a Japanese movie called After Life? I had a marvellous insight after watching it: we all live multiple lives, every single day is one of them. The karmic cycle consists of falling asleep and waking up in the same inferior reality, doing the same things over and over and over, failing to realize the world of dreams is a far better place to exist. When you do realize your divine nature, you realize the world is a creation of your mind and you no longer want to return to this reality. From the point of view of this reality you fell asleep and never woke up again. From your own point of view, you attained liberation.

Those religious metaphors may be less metaphorical than they seem...

Cheers,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins