Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
G&S...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott on August 29, 2002 17:55:51 UTC

God and Science, I assume.

We have science because we have God. God created the conditions so that we may have science. He set the building blocks. For instance, I think that the Book of Genesis and the Big Bang Theary, eveolution, etc. are all completely comtable. God said, "Let there be light," and there was light... BOOM! The Earth might not have been created in six days, as we know days. But if you follow the scriptures, metaphorically, they seem to run roughly parallel with the evolutionary theories. First the the sea, then the land. First the sea creatures, then the land creatures. Man comes relatively late in the process. And so on.

As far as my original topic, it's more related to the science part than the God part. What happens to a murder victim exposed to space? On the other hand, one would assume that the killer will one day have to face God.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins