Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Some Other Matters Are More Urgent To You, Then

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 30, 2002 16:29:45 UTC

Nice note, Scott...Ready for one in return?

You will attend to other matters which you feel are more important. I'm surprised you think DEATH magically gives you more knowledge...except that rumor has been going around. I'll guess there are fewer distractions after we die so we could potentially behold what has been there to comprehend all along...and being co-creators in some degree, we might then wish we had been more attentive while we had the convenience of life in our body to create something!

You are taking back your assertion then that
there is a "measurable degree" of change in religious history? That is a question you did not really answer. There is a two sided coin...if you wish to give religion any credit, it must have responsibility for the failures under its management too.

Your "Only intended to be beautiful" is a nice phrase.
I stay away from exclusionary statements, though.

Surely the Bible was intended ALSO to record information about genealogy and to help folks remember things they'd otherwise forget...etc.

Well, it WAS going to be a nice note.
Same to you,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins