Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Something That Bugs Me Too!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ali Webb on September 30, 2003 15:35:26 UTC

I'm not religious at all. I have real problems with the idea that a god made the universe. We only have to look around us to see rocks billions of years old, containing dinosaur fossils. I don't mean to sound rude, and I'm sorry if I do, but if life of man stemmed from Adam and Eve, and they had two sons, who bred with who to produce the rest of the human race?

I think I'm known as a bit of a mongrel. I find taking bits of other religions that make sense and using them in life good enough for me. Ali-ism I call it. The idea of my own beliefs, as we are all unique. I need no god to lean on as I am strong enough on my own. If I need help I have family and friends and a good sense of sorting things out. I definately believe there are more 'advanced' things than us somewhere. We are not the most supreme beings! But a god? I find it a little hard to swallow. I find the idea of 'bow down to my laws or go to Hell' a bit much. Religion is applicable if that's what pushes your buttons. It shouldn't be mandatory.

I'm sorry if I come across a little aggressive about the subject. I've had excellent advice from Crhistians in the past. I simply convert their religious symbolism into language that agrees with me. It still makes sense and it's still the same advice. I'll give an example if you like. I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in on your chat!

Ali
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins