Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Have Different Senses Of The Same Words

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 6, 2003 17:08:56 UTC

RE: * That happened more than 30 years ago. But that is not in the sense that Christ meant it as I have been taught by him. He meant it literally. He meant transmigation, the jewish concept that is akin to reincarnation. *
My sense of rebirth is meant to imply the Bible’s sense, which is the receiving of the Holy Ghost by grace through faith. That’s the awkward thing, different people mean different things even when using the same words. You and I definitely seem to mean different things by it. I can only best describe it as a close “personal” relationship with Jesus.

RE: * When Christians annulled the commandments, did they also anull transmigration. Just because Christians do not think transmigration was true, that does not mean that it is not true. *
Christians did not annul the commandments, Christ Himself fulfilled them. ( Certain specific levitical laws which prophesied the Messiah have been done away with. ) There is no more sacrifice for sin. Jesus paid it all.
I do not understand transmigration, is this the seven lives and deaths ?

RE: I think the reason it was rejected by these religions is that if rebirth is possible, then you can go against church and state without condemning your soul to hell.

RE: * state religion. It still is at least in the USA. *
Yes, many of the founders of the USA were followers of Jesus Christ and full of the Holy Ghost and held to Christianity as their guiding principles. Regardless --
When has the USA have a “state” religion ?
State religion means you are required by the state to profess the particular religion.
The USA has her share of sins, even back to its founding, and forging now to restrict the Christianity, but never can I recall such an implementation of a state religion.
In Christianity, the true “church” is the body of Christ. This is a mystery to most unbelievers. Any physical “church” such as an individual local assembly or any ecclesiastical manifestation is what I will mean instead in the following-
If a church (not THE church) goes against the word of God or if the state goes against the word of God, you not only can, but should go against them.
For example, if the USA were to pass a law that you could not pray to the Lord Jesus,
Christians would definitely break that law and should work to annul it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins