Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Born Again In Your Sense Of The Word

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 6, 2003 16:05:31 UTC

That happened more than 30 years ago. But that is not in the sense that Christ meant it as I have been taught by him. He meant it literally. He meant transmigation, the jewish concept that is akin to reincarnation.

When Christians annulled the commandments, did they also anull transmigration. Just because Christians do not think transmigration was true, that does not mean that it is not true.

Christians and Moslems are alone in their rejection of transmigration. All other religions accept it.

I think the reason it was rejected by these religions is that if rebirth is possible, then you can go against church and state without condemning your soul to hell. It was a further means to control people. Paul created a religion in which the state could easily control the populance. That is why the Romans made it their state religion. It still is at least in the USA.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins