Back to Home

Bigbang Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Big Bang | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Some Scripture

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 14, 2003 23:33:13 UTC

Isaiah 9.
[6] For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government will be upon his shoulder,
and his name will be called
"Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
[7] Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end,
upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom,
to establish it, and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and for evermore.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.

Clearly this is not the first coming of Jesus for none of the above happened. Do not take things out of context

John 10.

[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me;
[28] and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
[30] I and the Father are one."

You missed my point. When Matthew says that the Holy Spirit is the father of Jesus, he is saying that god the father and god the Holy Spirit are the same. Also note that he was talking to the lost sheep of Israel, not you.

Rom.13
[1]
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

[2] Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
[3] For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of him who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,

In no way did this authorize the KJV. Actually it made Christianity suitable for a dictatorship. Paul made Christianity suitable for the Roman Empire to rule people with an iron hand, which they did. This is the worse sin of Paul.

This is the most important commandment in the Jewish religion. It is the mantra of Judiasm. You are commanded to say on several occasions during the day including everytime you walk anywhere. Bet you never kept this commandment which was afirmed by Jesus.

In the Old testament there are many sons of god. In the New Testament peacemakers and those who love thy enemy are sons of god. I do not think that makes them all gods. There re just sons of god and accorded a prominent palce with god just as the Lamb of god is.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins