Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dark Matter And Dark Energy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 8, 2001 18:26:58 UTC

In the time that I been contributing to this forum, about a year, I think, but I cannot remember that far back, I have seen the pendulum of dominant thought swing from science to religion and back. We are now getting posts from avid atheists who seem to base their atheism on logic and rational thinking. That's good, for it provides a firm foundation for discussion.

I happen to be a physicist, PhD Harvard 1966, who is also a believer in the invisible. I do not think any other scientist is embarrassed by my beliefs. Of course, I have been overshadowed by John Hegelin who quit CERN to become TMs chief scientific spokesman. Since he just ran for the Presidency of the United States, I doubt if he is embarassed by his beliefs.

So anyway, for you logical, rational minds out there, I would like to pose a question. Do you believe in dark matter? And if you believe in dark matter, do you also believe in dark energy? And of course, if you do or do not, I would like to know your reasons why. I am presuming that you care. A third option is that you just do not care.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins