Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Confidence In Science Or Religion?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 8, 2001 23:53:37 UTC

Richard David Yannopoulos-Ruquist,

Thank you for explaining. I haven't studied the question well enough to know if I accept dark energy. I could accept it.

I have a lot more trust in cosmologists theorizing about the formation of the universe based on our best scientific knowledge than theologians using thousands-year-old superstitions to do the same thing.

If/when cosmologists come up with a better theory than dark energy, I could accept that.

I've had enough experience with people to know that when they claim they've seen a ghost or been experimented on by aliens or been hugged by Jesus that they're probably wrong. I know scientists can also be wrong, but the scientific way to establish truth is much more reliable than the religious way.

Which do you have more confidence in, science or religion?

Do you trust the Bible more or the Principia?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins