Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Proving

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 11, 2001 20:49:06 UTC

you have the power of choice by exercising whether or not you want to look into something more or accept things. so when you say 'everyone knows that we have no choice', i am not sure what you mean. further, it would seem a little at odds, because you feel you have no choice but NOT to believe in god, and i feel i do not wish to choose not to believe in god.

The difference between santa and god?

depends on who you ask. my answer would be 'it is my opinion, that to some there is no difference. to me santa may have started a historical human character who then got magical properties attributed to him. conversely, God began as a more ethereal, omnipotent entity who later brought into being a human to do a mission only a human version of him could before being reunited, unchanging.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins