Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Interesting Post.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 17, 2001 22:38:29 UTC

i think the tasks before us in this 'boot camp' (this side of the grave/eternity) are the privilege of finding out what we're made of and what our creator is made of. we are like sheep, in the way that we faint easily and say things are too hard when we are privileged enough to become accustomed to certain amenities. Yes, what we do can be hard work. But we are also living vessels that had the work administered for us. It would be harder work, still, to make sure our hearts are pumping and brains operating every single day, but that's taken care of for us.

interesting about the marching orders. and i like your open mind, Richard. what do you think of this?: In the beginning, every human who ever was to be had their start in the mind of God (which is why He knows how things'll turn out with us, how many hairs on our head before we're born to even READ that he knows this, etc etc). In that, what shall I call it, 'cosmic embryonic state'?, we've all met each other, have experienced weightlessness and speed and quiet. Once we're in boot camp, we try different ways to 'recapture' that - downhill skiing, flying, racing, etc. And we meet people who, without any real logical reason, feel like a brother or sister or best friend right off the bat (where others can know us for years and never really claim establishment that close to our hearts).

If I have marching orders, I don't know what they are. Or maybe that ambivalence, in itself, is necessary as the 'neutral medium', the canvas on which others put bold strokes of color, at times contributing my own? dunno.

And our creator is Master enough to choose if/how to delegate and when, though capable of the full joy and expertise of running the huge tight ship by himself (otherwise, how could he train someone lesser?). He's cool, and a great friend. I think folks can be mistaken if one shouldn't acknowledge him if they don't 'need' to. I don't hang out with my best friends out of 'need' but of joy of their company. but, whatever. maybe it's all in my head. c'est la vie, en rose, perhaps. who cares? i know for sure i have no good reason to give up such a good friendship.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins