Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Interesting Post.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 18, 2001 23:44:54 UTC

My friend is really my higher self- the accumulation of all my previous lifetimes into a personality that has conditioned my own personality but at the same time is a composite of a great variety of male and female personalities that lived in different and usually much more trying times.

I pray and meditate in my symmetric way to strengthen my higher self. I know he/she exists because he/she solves problems for me that I cannot solve, and then just presents me with the entire solution all at once.

I think he/she may also arrange all the coincidences that seem to rule my life. It morelike a father/mother than a higher self.

My hypothetical theology is that I get to meet myself after death and if I can merge with myself, then I can stay in heaven. But if I cannot, and pride may be the biggest stunbling block, then they will take away the best of me and send the remainder back to earth for another lifetime.

They. myself are of course on my side because they are tied to my earthly reappearances and cannot rise up in heaven until the anchor I represent is done away with.

This seems rather narsicistic(sp?), especially compared with a relationship with a god that is not you, but it's how I feel about reality.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins