Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Grrrrrr....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on January 20, 2001 02:01:08 UTC

You know what, I only found out that this message board existed 3 days ago. And in those three days, you have proved yourself to be one of the most irritating people I have known. If you want to defend religion, go right ahead my friend. Be sure I'll argue with you, but I welcome argument.

You, however, have made no argument that I've seen. It's simply vague meaningless rhetoric with no facts to back it up no matter how much you claim science supports it.

And then you have the gall to put up a smokescreen to your ignorance in the guise of OUR ignorance! How ingenious! You don't NEED to defend yourself because all will be made clear in time! Just how stupid do you think we are? If I don't buy religious arguments I sure as Hell won't but your nonsensical rambling.

Yes, religion has a purpose. That purpose is to keep the populace complacent and obedient. Without the threat of eternal punishment, many would steal, kill, or do whatever because there are no repurcussions. Many religious people I know are "believers" out of fear.

I on the other hand am an agnostic. I believe in no integral morality to the Universe. However, I have never killed, never stolen, tried always not to lie, I work hard, I am loyal, and I try to respect my fellow man. All without threat of punishment.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins