Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Maybe You Can Explain, Then

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 27, 2001 02:19:53 UTC

why, when i WAS desperate, did i believe in nothing, and having been content with THAT was reading the bible ONLY for geological facts and came to believe when I least really 'cared'?

the begats bored me to tears, so i didn't even read through them all back then. but i was fascinated with the new test. parts about 'don't harm people, don't make them chant useless words, don't persecute non-believers', etc. it was like, CRIMINY! HOW did THIS stuff escape censorship from churches who SEEK to do just THAT?? see, THAT's what amazes me in no small part, it was like God was getting the last laugh 'yeah, they polluted the world but they still couldn't steal some of my key words!' you know? after reading more, more stuff made sense. true faith isn't taking the easy road, it just makes the hard ones less of a surprise/hope destroyer because we know that's not all there is, that there's a reason for everything, etc. my friends know me as one of the bluntest instruments in the shed, i have ferretted out and brought to account certain liars for years; esp. because of that, i don't dare try to convey stuff i don't really believe or even encourage anyone to look INTO stuff if i don't know there is something to be found for sure.

but, i really don't expect anyone to take my word for it - here, i'm only a few words on a screen. :) hope i didn't bore you! you're so handsome and patient, and athletic and modest! heehee wanna triscuit and some brie? i think you hate one or the other or both or you would've taken me up on my numerous other previous offers! haha

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins