Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ouch...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 24, 2003 17:13:10 UTC

Yes, 1 Samuel 15:2-3 is part of God's word.
Would God say to Saul go kill babies? No, he wouldn’t now, but He DID then. Until you begin to grasp the holiness of God and His great love for you, you won’t likely apprehend how/why these things happened.

I'm shocked that you can say 'great love' and 'holiness of God' in the same sentence that God would tell Saul to kill innocent human beings. You see, this is a real modern problem with religion. It is the same force that has Osama bin Laden and other radicals calling for terrorist actions against innocent people. Pleaes don't be offended, but I really do not think you have comprehended the Christian religion. To comprehend Jesus' words you must understand that he directly contradicted Moses, but he contradicted what God supposed wrote:

Exodus 20:1 "And God spake all these words, saying..." [continuing into the next chapter] Exo dus 21:23-25 "And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth hand for hand, foot for foot,
Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

VERSUS

Matthew 5:38-39 "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

These words by Jesus were in direct contradiction to the words spoken to Moses in the Torah. You cannot find any reconciliation between these views. One is right and one is wrong. To justify the former, means to condemn the latter. Which words do you choose as divine?

I have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me, but without Faith you will not believe this.

I believe the Holy Spirit dwells in those only if they believe that God loves human beings and is not evil and would not order infants to be slaughtered for revenge of wrongs done in a previous era. Frankly, if you believe I Sam. 15:1-2 is God's word, then I see nothing 'holy' in the spirit of your religious faith. If I need Faith, then it looks to me as a faith in evil. I'll have none of it.

If you do believe parts of the Bible, may I ask – how do you pick which parts you believe and which parts you choose to reject ?

If you have to ask then why do you even speak of a Holy Spirit and even mention the word 'faith'?

Until you begin to grasp the holiness of God and His great love for you,
you won’t likely apprehend how/why these things happened.

Until you begin to grasp what holiness means and what love is, you won't likely apprehend how/why these things are not God's word.

May the Lord guide and direct your steps.
I love you, my friend. Do not close your heart to the wonderful plan that God has laid out.

I'm afraid Eric that what you have showed in the last two posts is the worst face of religion. It shows a lack of concern for human rights, it is condensending, rude, unloving, and worst of all prideful. I pray that you might discover the real Lord who is none of those things, but I'm afraid I Samuel 15:1-2 and Exodus 21 might prevent you from knowing this.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins