Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Self-righteousness As Usual

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 27, 2003 20:49:35 UTC

Ask Saddam’s own family members and relatives about Hussein mercy, then we will talk.

If Saddam eliminated 99% of his population then I might agree that your conception of God is not more cruel than Saddam.

If you choose to be one that fails to accept God’s plan of salvation as your own free gift from Him, why is God to blame for your turning down His love toward you.

You have this extremely limited view of God that he somehow he is forced to make a world where the majority of humans that he made are put in hell where they are miserable forever. The God that I believe in would not even make a world if that were his only option. Of course, stick with your own limited and sadistic view of God. The only place where you could possibly meet such a 'god' is if he were presiding over hell and had a pitchfork.

But God has chosen to save those that love Him.

You'd be surprised how much God has to do with our ability to express love. In fact, without the love of God which is a gift, you could not express that love to God.

You do not really love Him if you reject His plan of salvation for you through His Son
Jesus Christ who came and died upon a cross to pay the debt of sin that you owe.

God determines those who can accept him. See for example:

Romans 11:32 "For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all."

You would rewrite this Pauline scripture as:

Eric 11:32: "For God has love for all men and tries to save them from disobedience but is severly unable (even though he created the universe in the first place), so instead of mercy he will burn them in hell forever with excruciating torment, fortunately we saved our butts".

I'm glad your Saddam Hussein god is not the God of the universe.

Yes, He is already lifted up and He has drawn you. You have heard the truth of His plan.

The Greek word 'draw' means to literally draw as in drag off. Here is a couple of ways in which this word is used in the New Testament:

Acts 16:19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Acts 21:30 And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut.

I love you dear brother and I pray that you will not turn away from the conviction of the Holy Spirit which speaks to your heart. All we like sheep have gone astray. You, me, every one of us. You are not alone in this, but you are the only one who can call out to the Lord in repentance asking for His forgiveness and asking Him to save you and come into your heart and make you new. You hurt no one but yourself by rejecting what the Holy Spirit convicts you to be the truth. One day, you may look back on this day and yearn desperately that you had only followed His leading. I pray you never need yearn. God guide you and direct you my friend.

You speak loving words, but you describe a sadistic and evil god. I pray that you might someday come to know the God of love that so many in the world are discovering. I pray for all fundamentalists who are in this kind of dark world that pictures a devilish God of hate and who is consistent with I Samuel 15. Btw, I forgot to add the clincher to this chapter. The god of Samuel not only ordered the deaths of those innocent people and their animals, but he had Saul removed from being king because he didn't kill the animals and left their leader alive (i.e., he showed mercy). I hope you stop worshipping this kind of god and come to know the Christian God of love. I pray for you brother.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins