Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No Religion, Just A Relationship To Make

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 27, 2003 19:59:34 UTC

RE:>> * [While I may disagree with the percentage figure, it may not be too far off. ]
This is just false religion that portrays a God who has no love whatsoever. God is the worst imaginable tyrant in this perspective. Even Saddam Hussein would show more mercy. *

Ask Saddam’s own family members and relatives about Hussein mercy, then we will talk.
You say that you believe that this portrays a God who has no love whatsoever.
I believe you miss the fact that this is not God’s desire, but men’s choices.
If you choose to be one that fails to accept God’s plan of salvation as your own free gift from Him, why is God to blame for your turning down His love toward you.

RE:>> * [Broad way and Narrow way - God gave good efficient directions. Man is the one who is inefficient and has trouble following directions.]
Again, fundamentalists just don't understand the bible and especially Jesus' words as they are recorded in the Gospels.

Luke 18:25-27 "[Jesus said] it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. And those who heard it said, 'Who then can be saved?' But He said, 'The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.'" *

If fundamentalist means endwelt by the Holy Spirit of the living God of Abraham,
then I accept the tag.
You seem to quote scripture without relating the meaning of its context –
Yes, with men it is impossible for ANY to be saved.
Wilt thou save thyself, O man ? You may according to Job 40:6-14.

Yes, with men it is impossible for ANY to be saved.
But God has chosen to save those that love Him.
You do not really love Him if you reject His plan of salvation for you through His Son
Jesus Christ who came and died upon a cross to pay the debt of sin that you owe.
God is Holy and Just. The sin debt must be paid to be Just and the debt could only be paid by a perfect sacrifice because He is Holy. His perfect Son became flesh just as you, yet without sin and laid down His own life that you might have life.
The offence is recognizing that you CANNOT pay the debt you owe – no matter what.

RE:>> * And, here are more words from Jesus as recorded in the Gospel of John:

John 12:32 "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
More scripture, without the context ?
Yes, He is already lifted up and He has drawn you. You have heard the truth of His plan.
The step of realization of His plan is to accept Him at his word as truth. Of course this requires faith. Faith that He is God. And faith that He can and will save you when you trust in His Son to pay your debt by dying in your stead as payment in full. None of this, of course, can take place without realizing that you are a sinner with no standing before God. The One who created you and the One against whom you have sinned. You have been drawn, drawn to His Gift. That Gift is His Son. http://whitestonepublishing.org/the_free_gift.doc

I love you dear brother and I pray that you will not turn away from the conviction of the Holy Spirit which speaks to your heart. All we like sheep have gone astray. You, me, every one of us. You are not alone in this, but you are the only one who can call out to the Lord in repentance asking for His forgiveness and asking Him to save you and come into your heart and make you new.

You hurt no one but yourself by rejecting what the Holy Spirit convicts you to be the truth. One day, you may look back on this day and yearn desperately that you had only followed His leading. I pray you never need yearn.

God guide you and direct you my friend.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins