Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Bridge Too Far?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 26, 2003 04:44:30 UTC

Have you seen the movie: "IQ"?

I saw it on T.V. once.

It's a presumably make-believe story: it's about 4 gentleman (Einstein, Bohr, and two others also top scientists) who help a garage mechanic meet the girl of his dreams (who happens to be a very serious scientist).

They do this by helping the mechanic portray himself as a hot-shot physicist as the girl seems blind to his qualities; but might see him more favourably if he looks like a scientist.

It's crazy but hilarious; has interesting discussions about "time"; is an interesting story of the issue of the potential problem of say supposedly excessive seriousness in science.

(But hey, why not be serious if you want : freedom; be serious, or not serious; you are alive...)

Amazing how serious nursery rhymes can be.

Regarding "commitment to a hospital": please read books by Thomas Szasz. See www.szasz.com.

When will, say, people be freed from notions of threats by alleged thought policemen, imaginary or real?

I refuse to be "a jackboot in the human face forever" to roughly quote George Orwell. If you are not into nursery rhymes, O.K.; but why is it supposedly going too far?

"Unless you become like these small children, you shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven"? I don't think that means you have to go in for nursery rhymes; it's about a state of mind; a non-coercivenes; where numbers are not compulsory say?

Jesus Christ washed the feet of His disciples; He arrived as a little baby. Surely we can learn from this, not to be afraid to be innocent?

Why do we have to be important, to count with numbers?

Are we not God's children?

I do not like coercion; so you are right; nursery rhymes are not compulsory; but they are not compulsorily thrown out either?

Idea:
"How do you like your reality to be served, Sir?"
one could say ?

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins