Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ah, But How Do We Change The World Then?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Leesa on June 27, 2003 03:30:12 UTC

I enjoyed Allen's post. Why not nursery rhymes? Politics? To Heck (you heard me - Heck - ruled by the prince of insufficient light) with politics.

Why should a person be bound by another's standards? As I recall - you have my blessing to shred me up into little pieces and stomp on my ego if I'm wrong - but wasn't Feynman a bit of an oddball in his theories? Some people revere him and hold him as an outside-the-box thinker. But his theories were not - and possibly still aren't - seen that way by some. There are many scientists - Galileo, Copernicus, Einsein, etc. - that were not taken seriously when they came out with their theories.

Now here's the $64,000 question: Why?

Allow me to give my own opinion to my own - non-rhetorical mind you! - question. In major ways, it did not comply with peoples' standards of the day. And people don't like that. We live in a VERY "boxed" society. Everyone does.

Now, I'm not saying Allen's the next Einstein - sorry Allen - but if he wishes to convey something through any medium whatsoever - why do YOU care? Is it your perogative to keep him in place?

I recall Whomi telling me I was quite silly several times. But you know what? I get by a lot better being a little silly. There is nothing wrong with stating a mathematical equation in a non-mathematical way. In fact, I appreciate people who can have fun in their field. It comes across in a much less "Look at me, I'm so smart I know how to state the obvious in an uncrackable mathematical dialect. Too bad you'll never figure out what I just said" way.

So please. Lay off the silly people. They make life a lot more enjoyable.

And Allen? I appreciate your ability to think outside the box. So few leftbrainers can. ;]

Lysithea

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins