Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't Know Why You Put Such Emphasis On 'anonymity'

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on June 29, 2003 22:52:15 UTC

It's the opinions and debates that we're after in here, not peoples' identities. Plus it would take quite a bit of rather personal information to prove who I am. Why not look past it and debate God and science?

~~~3) I don't really know lysithea is a "her."
Is it pertinent?
~~~

I'm a "he", she's a "she". Who would lie about their sex when one's physical anatomy is of absolutely no importance in a debate forum? Perhaps one could exaggerate their educational background, employment status and merits, or other details of one's life, but sex? Naw...

~~~4) Both you and lysithea are anonymous.~~~

I'm here to debate, ask questions, collaborate, etc. Nobody else cares about who I am, what I look like, my credit history, where I work ... why would you? What in your eyes would make me 'unanonymous'? Just ask and I'll tell, so long as it doesn't put my bank accounts or credit cards in any endangerment.

~~~So are you feeling a little biased after all?~~~

How are you any less anonymous than Leesa? You posted a resume? First of all, why ... and second of all, what does your resume have to do with debate? I don't care about your background or whether you can pass a drug test; I'll leave that to Wal Mart human resources department. And third of all, how do we know your resume is real and true? I don't doubt that it is a real resume nor would I doubt its accuracy, but it proves nothing more than the name "Mark" proves who I claim to be. When I say 'unbiased' I mean: without motive to lean toward Leesa or you. I just called it as I saw it.

~~~5) Do you feel lysithea has been fair to me?~~~

I may have been unbiased, but perhaps I was guilty of being not fully informed; I don't believe I read every last exchange of dialouge between Leesa and you. From what I did read, it appeared that you were just giving her a hard time. That in itself isn't so bad, but I didn't think you were being completely fair ... so I jumped in to point out that perhaps you weren't being completely fair. It's actualy none of my business so I do appologize for being intrusive.

With utmost respect
- Mark

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins