Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You Leesa

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 29, 2003 01:25:52 UTC

thank you for your comments; also I appreciate what Mark is saying re: reaching an audience and choosing language to do that BUT if reality involves such innocence as in nursery rhymes then who am I to censor that?

Maybe it is that message that is the message to convey; and best done directly? If nursery rhymes can have a starring roll then; then.... I say how that can be seen...

Mark: I have not posted more detailed stuff (apparently mapping physics laws in more detail) so I think I can satisfy the more technically minded perhaps.

I was here quite a while when Alex was here; a thought is: "seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you".

There is something in the Gospel about "not knowing from whence you come or to whither you go"; maybe by following your instincts more and trusting in God you can find the math/technical side of physics becomes easier? Suggest not have to be deterred by comments from experts?

Alex once said "three compensating accelerations to give stationary object are almost perfect model of reality" as I recall in answewr to a post I wrote. But I also had posts challenged. The rough and tumble of debate.

Thank you for your thoughts on "outside the box" thinking Lysithea; have you heard of Edward de Bono? He figured out organised methods for inventing (one was just put words together and see if you can make it somehow make sense say).

I do let ideas meet freely I guess: I described it in a post "A way of Thinking" and a post "Hidden Messages?" if I recall right.

Smartguy has a point but sometimes although a message can be tailored to a particular audience one doesn't want to destroy the message in the process? And if nursery rhymes have a message for physics; one can hardly avoid mentioning nursery rhymes.

Rather than people be say just very worried about "how can you say such and such"; it's good if people can address also the specific arguments too (nobody has questioned what I put forward about physics as variations on a theme of meeting; of math-physics as math inside math).

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins