Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Drastic Mutations Can Help

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on June 3, 2002 16:34:15 UTC

In drastic environments. Suppose an asteroid hit Earth. That would be a good time to become a burrower. Live in the ground, where the temperature is rather constant.

Drastic mutations can help in times of need, and then eventually, the time of need would pass, but the adaptation works so it sticks.

As for the Cambrian explosion, I can't answer. My field speciality lies in Geotechnical Engineering. That means I'm exposed to alot of geology. I also have strengths in Physics and Relativity.

I have virtually no wealth of knowledge for evolution, just the good faith that the people I've dealt with, do their job to continue the field, as they are doing.

I believe that you are probably in the same boat as I am with biology. So perhaps, you should stop speaking with an authority that you have not gotten yet. I rarely discuss or argue subjects I'm ignorant of.

We should stick to our strengths and stop getting all of our info from YEC websites.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins