Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 3, 2002 21:39:48 UTC

"I only link to very capable websites for info. I don't go to talkorigins. I use my experience as an engineer, someone who has classified over a ton of sedimentary rock to come to conclusions on a global flood. I also take the knowledge I've learned from certified geologists I work with.

I don't take much info from the web for these issues, mainly because it is hard to tell of their authority."

I'll admit I don't get most of my information from my own experience. As I'm sure you know, I am only 16, and have not classified a ton of rock. :) But I will someday (not nessasarily a ton of rock, but you get my meaning). For now, I have to trust others. And it is hard sometimes to determine what is trustworthy. I have posted a couple of links in this forum which probably were not to great. I admit I am biased, and am more likely to trust a YEC than an evolutionist. But I have read several articles done by YEC which I completely disagreed with. I'm more careful with my sources than most people in this forum think.
I use ICR a lot because I have only read one artivle which was not up to snuff. They have very reputable scientists, and they base their research on science.

"Geology and Evolution encompass grand amounts of details and sciences that you have to study and immerse yourself for years to properly understand."

No contest there. I do not completely understand Geology. But I don't think anybody here (or not many anyhow) can truely say they completely understand Geology. But I think I have enough basic knoweldge to debate on a simple scale.

"Until you can give me extreme details on the Cambrian explosion etc... perhaps you know not as much about it as you should to argue for or against it."

I can give you those details. Wait a while though, your post was pretty big. KC2GWX 73's

P.S. Thank you for being courteous. It's a refreshing change.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins