Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Get My Evidence From Reading And Experience.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on June 3, 2002 19:14:52 UTC

I only link to very capable websites for info. I don't go to talkorigins. I use my experience as an engineer, someone who has classified over a ton of sedimentary rock to come to conclusions on a global flood. I also take the knowledge I've learned from certified geologists I work with.

I don't take much info from the web for these issues, mainly because it is hard to tell of their authority.

While I applaud your willingness to learn and discuss, I must greatly question your ability to harness all the information required in some of these subjects. Geology and Evolution encompass grand amounts of details and sciences that you have to study and immerse yourself for years to properly understand.

Until you can give me extreme details on the Cambrian explosion etc... perhaps you know not as much about it as you should to argue for or against it.

I'm not saying that you are unqualified to have opinions or that you have no idea what you are talking about, but I am saying that perhaps you need to read a bit more before coming to certain conclusions.

Let me give you one example. Being a YEC means you believe the bible is holy and word for word. The first story of creation goes into how the universe was created. Now if you don't study biblical scholarship too in-depth, you won't know that the First Story of Creation was written by the Hebrews in Babylonian captivity. Furthermore, that story greatly mimics the Babylonian Genesis story which was written well before it.

Take the story of Jonah. If you read the story you get one perspective. Read it in its Biblical poetic meter, and the story has a somewhat different meaning.

You can look a cube and see only one side and say that its a square. That doesn't mean that the cube is nothing but a square, rather, you only perceive that.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins