Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is God Real? Check This Out.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Chuck Owens on April 17, 2002 23:54:37 UTC

The idea to pray to God a prayer about questions that we all struggle with from time to time, and the idea to tie the prayer in to an answer that can be confirmed with real and immediate objective results came to me on March 3rd. I kept thinking and struggling on how tocome up with one that would yield specific objective confirmable results with a minimal amount of subjectivity. On April 8th, I finally came up with one that I was pleased with. Here’s the story:
Today, April 9th, I had a sincere chit chat with God, while driving to the babysitter to pick up my daughters, about my struggles with doubts and unanswered prayers, and how I wanted a new beginning. I prayed to God this special sincere prayer which was an experiment.
My Special Prayer
If the following statements are true:

1.That God is absolute truth.
2.That God is absolute love.
3.That God is absolute good.
4.That God is absolutely infinite.
5.That God sent Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Messiah and that Jesus was resurrected from the dead.
6.That there is eternal life for humans. That we partake of eternal life.
7.That the moral and ethical principles are to love God and your neighbor as yourself.

Again, if all of these statements are true, as I believe them to be, that God will give me a specific divine word of knowledge (a flash of divine insight/intuition) that can be confirmed as true on the Internet. And that I will say a prayer after receiving such an insight to confirm that it came from God. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen.

While driving back from the babysitter’s home, the following phrases came to my mind in the following order: “in Mexico”, “Veronica Fernandez”, and “in Monterrey”. Upon arriving home, I uttered a quick prayer asking God to confirm that this information came from God, and I silenced my mental activity,and I heard an affirmation in the form of a soft voice in my mind. I then went on the Internet to confirm that the information was true. I went to www.google.com and typed the phrase in quotes “Veronica Fernandez”. I ran the search and the first web page that came up had this:
I then went to the first web page listed and this is was what I found on it:

"Contacts in our Offices Abroad
Before contacting
Veronica Fernandez,
we invite you to
visit the Web page
of our Trade Office
in Monterrey.

Ms.Veronica Fernandez
Commercial Officer
Consulate of Canada in Monterrey"

Upon doing some research, I discovered that there is only one Veronica Fernandez without a second surname in Monterrey and she's the only Veronica Fernandez in Monterrey that appears on the Internet. Only a small percentage of the population in Mexico, probably less than 0.1% would have their name and locale listed on the Internet so the probability of finding what I found due to chance is probably between 0.01 and 0.0001. So did God answer my prayer or did my subconscious mind simply make a very lucky guess? I believe that God answered my prayer. What do you think?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins