Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'll Email Them To The Address You Gave Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 22, 2002 16:10:45 UTC

Yanirru wwote:
"Never Saw Your GRE Scores. Please tell us what they are. I used to be a good tester."

A good tester, eh?... Mind is a complex topic.
What do you think the GRE really measures?
If you don't think it's very valid, why did you ask for my scores in the first exchange about this?

I knew I had not posted them, because I think
context is important. Many of our finest pioneers of science might score poorly on our GRE
since they are unfamiliar with modern words...and if they can score poorly, there are others who are similarly unfamiliar with our culture who have good minds. In my case, though I attended good public schools, I spent grades 10-12 exploring outside topics more than school subjects. In college I generally held a stressful fulltime job while attending ...sometimes part time.
Then after 4800 hours as a postman and nearly a year being homeless with poor nutrition, I studied biology for two months and took the GRE in biology and the general areas.

How many others have stories which reflect mine and whose story mine reflects.

Regards,
Mike
Way to go on that race walk !

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins