Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Look Closely?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jeremy Cole on January 21, 2002 23:15:12 UTC

If you look closely at this universe, its a wonder that anything 'fell into place' at all. I haven't had the upper levels of education and so have this void in my mind that you speak of, but I'm not cramming it with religious views, that has its own reserved space. Haven't you ever looked at yourself and wondered how something came to be that was so weak and defenseless, even assuming we pack on muscle and bone, human bodies are downright fragile. Yet somehow we survived long enough to teach ourselves how to make clothes for warmth, and weapons to yield us food. If we needed these things, why didn't we just die out, victims of natural selection, assuming you follow that scientific doctrine.
Why didn't something much longer lived, such as sharks, evolve up and take become the dominant species, they are much more suited to survival and, according to evolution, have been around much longer. Us poor stupid Christians, its a wonder we didn't fall to natural selection too, isn't it...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins