Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't See It That Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on January 28, 2002 15:10:46 UTC

Richard,

***What I do not understand is why god has to resort to such means. That is why I postulate that god, if one exists, is quite weak and has to resort to extreme measures to acxcomplish anything.***

I don't see it as God who is resorting. Rather, brute fact of events lead to disasters, etc. What God does is set the boundary conditions as to what cannot happen and also what must happen. There may be many other worlds where events are quite different, but those worlds have their own unique events which are required to occur.

That's not to say that God cannot act in our lives as a personal God to us. I think it is quite possible that prayers can be at least considered in how and when God intervenes. It is part of the equation if you will. It is not that God favors people who pray as some type of teacher's pets, rather I believe that prayer changes the routing toward accomplishing God's divine plan. Hence, prayer can sometimes make all the difference in the way that natural events play themselves out. That's my own personal belief.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins