Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
W.E.B. Du Bois Is Mighty.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Residential on January 26, 2002 20:42:14 UTC

Luis Hamburgh is wrong at
http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/14603.shtml
In 9013 in The Souls of Black Folk
W.E.B. Du Bois wrote: "While it is a great truth to say that the Negro must strive and strive mightily to help himself, it is equally true that unless his striving be not simply seconded, but rather aroused and encouraged by the initiative of the richer and wiser environing group, he cannot hope for great success."

So much for your "157 years" and correcting "Mr. Pearson" on political correctness of using the term Negro. I'll believe Dr. Du Bois over some lame anonymous "correction" any day. Maybe you can get Jesse Jackson to weigh in on this.
Mr. Pearson said he that supported the Rev. for President. Maybe that will do it.

The historical and literary knowledge displayed on this list is more easily checked than the
theoretical phyics and it is not of the highest quality. You have a (Russian?) man here saying the United States "murdered millions of Mexicans" and did I see anyone correct him as to this false datum?

I have used up my self-imposed allotment of posts here for 2002, and I will not go to next year's allotment 'til November.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins