Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More On God's Justice

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on January 27, 2002 07:44:38 UTC

Alex,

***It does not explain nor predict anything about natural events while science does it all (about correct explanation and prediction - and we use the results of correct science prediction every day and in every thing we build).***

Religion is an issue of faith - especially in particular revelations in which that religion adheres. You would have to ask each religion for their explanation of evil. As Richard mentioned, each religion has a different perspective.

***Science looks at earthquake, analyses what mathematically causes it (cracking of moving lithosphere), measures speed of sound in rock and builds early warning systems, so children can escape from school before it collapses.***

Hurray. Science is a successful enterprise.

***Religion looks at the rubble of not scientifically protected school with bloody parts of children and says to parents: "This is the higher plan of God, children HAD to die and that is WHY they are dead now. God knows what to do without science."***

Whatever occurs on earth or in the heavens I believe is part of a higher plan. I think some of the events (e.g., the big bang) are required to occur and some of them happen as a result of those required events. I think evil is one of the unavoidable results of these required events.

***Explain this, please. I do not understand God's logic.***

The universe's timeline is like a picture on the wall. The timeline is already fixed and events occur as they are required to occur. Some from the fact that mathematical order is in effect, some from quantum and deterministic chaos, some from free will actions, etc. We live in the middle of this and can only hope that someday all of this will have some form of resolution.

My personal belief is that there is an eternity that each of us will share and that the purpose of 'all of this' will be evident when that day comes.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins