Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Polar Jets Of Neutron Stars (NS) And Black Holes (BH).

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Reyes on January 30, 2001 14:09:31 UTC

I admit that all the answers given raise my curiosity but are also very good responses which leaves me intrigued, I guess its the first sign of a mutual understanding at last !

Now what raises a question is if the ejection of matter ( mass irrelavant ) reaches such high velocities then why do we not see these jets of matter curve in combination to an assumed expanding universe .

One can answer the question with it is the space inbetween the galaxies that is expanding , but lets not forget that the accretion disk is also carrying a high velocity spin , enough to show it is being ejected from the accretion disk , so why is this not observed , you have all seen a cartwheel being lit at bonfire night or some celebration , they have a high spin so what would occur if they suddenly gave off jets .

The ejection of matter from a rotating body of such high velocities may also be answered that the reason the jets do not curve is because they do not eminate from the disk but from the dark central bulge that I class as a remnant , a huge one from the previous huge star that ejected matter to create the spiral arms or what ever shape the structure of the galaxy , stars surrounding this remnant would re-heat its dense core that would explain the ejection of matter and the extremely high energy levels .

Some galaxies such as M87 have jets that are over six thousand light years across ( correct me if I am wrong as I cannot remember ) so a curve should be noticeable if it was originating from the accretion disk .

I propose this idea and at the same time also know that it goes against your scientific knowledge and what you have been taught , but it is not you or anyone that I attack but the scientific teaching of today , so does my theory has feasibility , I believe it does but would like to see other explanations .

Regards
skintless

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins